For example, here's a list of things that really make me realize how tough my life has become here in The B.F.
- My lovely white porcelain toilet's flush mechanism is broken. I must lift the tank lid and manually (yea, I say unto thee, manually!) press the flush button. Conditions of hardship, right?
- Purchasing a month of Internet service only to find that the cell tower is broken and I'll be unable to download iTunes. Don't you hate that?
- Gigantic, albeit slow-moving flies landing on my nose while I read in bed with my headlight. I’ve had no overhead light in my bedroom since last December and it won't be repaired until this weekend. So I haven't been able to watch movies in bed for eight (8) months! Quel dommage.
- The fact that my Sonicare Toothbrush won’t hold a charge for more than a week.
- The fact that my Clarisonic facial brush needs a new brush-head. Talk about conditions of hardship!
- Waking in the night to head for the latrine, only to find that a dozen tiny baby lizards are having a party in my salon . . . without me, and without bringing a new bottle of vodka.
- Inability to find the emergency pack of cigarettes, which I hid in my hut and then forgot the hiding place. Freaky scary!
- Running out of new 30Rock episodes to occupy my evenings.
And, PETA, if you’re out there, no kittens were harmed during the posting of this blog . . . though we cannot say as much for the kittens in The B.F. . . . so suck it up and deal!